Tuesday 7 October 2014

MG21 Reactions to the end of Chapter 10

Hey Ms. Bauer's Class, 
Yesterday we finished reading Chapter 10 with Gus officially proclaiming his love for Hazel.  Before class ended, students shared their reactions to his "I love you" and her decision not to say it back.  I asked students to consider why Hazel decided not to say it back and whether or not this exchange will change their relationship.  Here is a sample of thoughts here from MG21.  

"Hazel doesn't want him to fall for her because she knows she will die.  I think she is right to not make him go through the hurt of loving someone and losing them.  I think their relationship will change because it will go from friends to serious."  -Amanda

"Hazel wasn't ready to admit it.  I feel she didn't want to ruin his moment of saying "I love you."  I think they will soon share some more romantic moments."  -Kaitlin

"Hazel didn't say it back because she feels guilty.  She doesn't want to love him because she knows she won't be around forever.  I think Gus admitting his love is a step forward in their relationship."  -Anna

"Gus saying I love you and her not responding is going to make their relationship awkward."
 -Jeremiah


"Hazel is too engrossed in the "grenade" stuff.  I think she's boneheaded." -Alexia
"Awwww.  They'll totally love each other." -Rosa

"She should have said "I love you" back because I'd want to experience love before I die." -Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment